Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to fix conekeyapi64.dll removal  (Read 7543 times)

Adrian123123

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    How to fix conekeyapi64.dll removal
    « on: March 13, 2015, 12:04:15 PM »
    Hello computer hope-forum,

When I was recently screening my laptop for malware and such, I accidently deleted the following file conekeyapi64.dll (see screenshot), because I got tricked by a misleading website that claimed that this file is a Trojan. I later found out that it is linked to my audio driver “Conexant”. After some weeks I now sometimes get a short screenfreeze (when clicking on the YouTube video fullscreen button for example) and the audio doesn’t work anymore, sometimes also the whole video gets black or green (see second screenshot). I then have to restart the browser to watch it properly again (sometimes after some troubleshooting by windows, see screenshots). I also think that the bass-quality is somehow really bad now, but that’s just what I think I can’t really prove it. Should I now try do download this file and somehow place it in the folder where it belongs or delete my whole audio driver and install it again?

Thanks for your help,
    Adrian

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How to fix conekeyapi64.dll removal
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 06:13:12 PM »
    Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

Adrian123123