Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Edimax Extender "Limited"....Going Nuts!  (Read 2670 times)

katboard

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Edimax Extender "Limited"....Going Nuts!
    « on: April 17, 2015, 03:29:18 PM »
    Hi there,
    And thank you for reading this.I bought an Edimax wifi extender http://www.edimax.com/edimax/merchandise/merchandise_detail/data/edimax/global/wi-fi_range_extenders_n300/ew-7438rpn_v2
    about two months ago. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago when the signal started appearing as "limited" and sometimes dropping off entirely. Now and again it works.
    An orange light is flashing next to the reception icon on the extender...I'm guessing it's not recieving signal properly from the router.
    The main wifi from the router is working fine. We have even tried changing internet channels from #1 to #11.
    I have reset the extender several times, and am constantly pressing the wps button to try and get a connection.
    I have a windows 8.1 laptop btw.  ??? ??? ???

Thank you for your assistance!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Edimax Extender "Limited"....Going Nuts!
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 03:42:22 PM »
    You have a Edimax wifi extender that was working and has become erratic.  Is it still inside the warranty period?
    Extends the range of existing 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi networks
    iQ Setup for easy Wi-Fi extension Smart 3-in-1 mode: Access Point, Wi-Fi Extender and Wi-Fi Bridge Finds best setup location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage with signal strength LED Compact, wall plug design for convenient placement
    Features a hardware WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)

Personally I have spent a lot of time ding research on "Wi-Fi range engenders" and have some ideas.
    These devices are not suitable for all scenarios.
    These devices may reduce the reliability of a home network.

You should make every effort to contact the vendor or the maker of the device.

Are all the devices in your home network compatible with the latest standards?  Namely, the N standard.
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/8/802_11.html