Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet shuts down every 30 minutes to two hours  (Read 4686 times)

JacobRocks12

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Internet shuts down every 30 minutes to two hours
    « on: April 17, 2015, 06:04:15 PM »
     So I've been having a problem with my Modem-Router where it will shut down every 30 minutes to 2 hours. The desktop PC doesn't loose connection because it's connected via Ethernet to the router. Everything else connected using wireless looses connection.
    What happens:
    iPhone:
     - Either won't show up on the Wi-Fi list or says Enter Password and I enter it but it opens up Enter Password again and keeps doing it.

Xbox 360:
     - Can't connect to Xbox live. Would you like to test the connection by quiting this game? Shows up on list but won't allow me to connect.

iPod/iPad:
      - Same as iPhone.

Computer:
     - Either limited or doesn't show up on list (most of the time)
    I have been using cellular data (LTE) most of the time and I'm always running out.
    Can anyone help me with this annoying problem?

JacobRocks12

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Internet shuts down every 30 minutes to two hours
      « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 02:39:10 PM »
      Bump?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Internet shuts down every 30 minutes to two hours
      « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 03:54:33 PM »
      No need to bump.
      I assume your router is also the modem.
      You can doable the wireless portion of the router and the Ethernet still works. You already know that.
      You can connect another router using the Ethernet connector. It should setup itself automatically.
      What I am suggesting is just use another router for the wireless stuff.  Just a plain Jane thing with nothing fancy. Wall mart has some for $25 or less. You do not need the more expensive ones.
      But trying to repair  the old one is a waste of time. It may be overheating.