Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The Various Editions of Windows 10.  (Read 61415 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
The Various Editions of Windows 10.
« on: May 13, 2015, 09:00:00 PM »
Windows 10 Editions by Brett Howse on May 13, 2015

This will be the main version sold on all consumer desktops, laptops, and larger tablet form factors. It will include continuum to transform from a desktop operating system to the touch friendly tablet version, and of course include things like Cortana. Although not specified, if it continues the tradition of Windows, Home will not be able to be joined to a domain and will be missing the business features.
Click on link at top of photo.  :)
Also:
The Windows 10 IoT Core for Raspberry Pi 2 was announced earlier.
Core for Raspberry Pi

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:10:03 PM by Geek-9pm »

tk-hassan

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: The Various Editions of Windows 10.
    « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 01:35:31 AM »
    Microsoft is trying hard to convert everyone to touch screen using its windows, but if someone has to go to touch system, majority will choose a teb or phone without MS operating system, i,e Android or iOS :P

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 07:23:14 AM »
    Microsoft is trying hard to convert everyone to touch screen using its windows, but if someone has to go to touch system, majority will choose a teb or phone without MS operating system, i,e Android or iOS :P
    I don't think they are trying hard to convert everyone to touch screen using Windows.  But, they are, of course, aware that touch-screen computing devices are becoming more common and they want to be a full player in that arena.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 04:26:15 PM »
    soybean is right.
    Imagine a company that makes tennis shoes. But it learns that many people use them for running shoes. The company will cater to both groups.
    Example: Think  of Nike or Reebok. Imagine what would happen if they announced that from now on they would only make shoes to be used on a tennis court. Common asphalt would destroy the shoe and void the warranty.
    Absurd? Yes, that is my point. Imagine is either r Apple or Microsoft made and OS that would only work on a touch screen. It will never happen.