Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Streaming video and audio buffers  (Read 4011 times)

ubose

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Streaming video and audio buffers
    « on: June 06, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »
    Streaming video and audio buffers

My computer started buffering streaming video and audio that it didn't do before. The internet connection speed is the same as before. I checked the download speed on speedtest.net and it shows 6 Mbps that I am supposed to receive. I did a ping test at pingtest.net and the ping is 64ms and jitter 4ms. It gave a line quality of B*.

The computer is Gateway DX4320-02e with 6 GB memory running Windows 7. It has integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics. I connect to my home router through a TP-Link Wireless USB adapter. I checked the adapter is working properly by using it on a different computer - a laptop and placing the laptop at the same location as my Gateway desktop in the house, and saw that the same streaming video that buffers on my desktop runs fine on the laptop. This tells me that wifi signal strength and wireless adapter are not the problem. Video saved on my desktop's hard drive runs fine. I have the same problem with streaming music. Songs saved on my hard drive play normally but streaming from the internet buffers.

Can I conclude the problem is occurring in my desktop computer? What can I do to find the problem and correct it?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Streaming video and audio buffers
    « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 04:46:47 PM »
    One  Two very simple things.
    1. Boot in Safe mode  *
    2. Create a new user account.

This may not solve the problem, but helps isolate the cause. It  would seem that there are too many background things using the Internet. Sometimes these are associated with references of one user.

* Safe mode may require you to use Ethernet cable for internet.