Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Forced Upgrade  (Read 8756 times)

Salmon Trout

Re: Forced Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 01:56:30 PM »
Can I ask which upgrades I can delete to get rid of windows 10 pop up reminder nag

Try the one BC_Programmer suggested on June 28 in reply no. 6 above, namely KB3035583. However, if you have Windows updates set to download and install automatically, it will be reinstalled automatically a few days later. To hide the KB3035583 update and prevent it from being reinstalled, right-click on it in the Windows Update application and select “Hide update”.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Forced Upgrade
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »
Hum ok ? ?

Can I ask which upgrades I can delete to get rid of windows 10 pop up reminder nag that sneaked in
to my system that's down by my clock in the lower right ? !

Its that bloody MS icon; the window divided into 4 parts certainly don t need that nag - thanks
...Unless you actually want to get rid of the "Get Windows 10" Notification icon. That would be KB3035583. You can remove it manually using Windows Update and finding it in "Installed Updates".
You ask the same question over & over again without reading the replies.  Don't ask how to remove it manually using Windows Update and finding it in "Installed Updates".