Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't tell difference between 60 and 144 hz?  (Read 2671 times)

MCSuddenDeath

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Can't tell difference between 60 and 144 hz?
    « on: July 16, 2015, 11:32:30 PM »
    I just got the vg248qe today and I set it up with dual link dvi into my graphics card and turned it on and set it to 144 hz. I have the latest gtx 970 driver installed. However I can not see the difference when I'm moving my mouse, and I can't tell if it's displaying when I'm playing games, and isn't it supposed to reduce motion blur? how do I fix this and how do I check?

(I'd like to mention I have a single link dvi connected to the second dvi input for my other monitor if that makes a difference)

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can't tell difference between 60 and 144 hz?
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 06:11:55 AM »
    Do you have the (latest) graphics driver from nvidia installed or the one that Windows ( microsoft ) decided to use as autodetected? Also is your display detected as a generic display or have you installed the actual monitor driver software if your monitor has this?

Many newer displays are good at the autodetected config, however others do best with their drivers installed vs generic display type used.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Can't tell difference between 60 and 144 hz?
    « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 10:33:41 AM »
    If you use a FPS counter in a full-screen game that is not very demanding, and enable VSync and your monitor is actually set to 144hz then the framerate should max out at 144.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.