Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSOD after driver installs  (Read 4992 times)

ratchoke99

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    BSOD after driver installs
    « on: August 17, 2015, 03:02:46 PM »
    Hello, was hoping someone could shine some light in helping me troubleshoot my problem. For awhile some programs would crash randomly, and sometimes some programs wouldn't even run. So I decided to do a full reinstall, and this is where the problem starts happening. First let me list the basics.

Current Setup:
    Win 8.1 (i have to use the phone# to call and activate because Key is active in another PC)
    SSD Samsung EVO 850 (120gb)
    HDD 1tb WD10EZEX
    Asus H97i-Plus
    Intel i5-4690
    Corsair h100i
    Gskil F3-12800CL10D (x2 8gb for 16gb)

Problem:
    I'm able to do a fresh install of win8.1 onto both SSD and HDD (of course not done at same time). I'm able to install the proper Chipset/LAN driver and it runs just fine, windows activates etc. However, the problem occurs when I install any other update afterwards, whether it's done via Windows Update or I manually update say RealTek audio drivers. After I install the update/drivers it just boots into a blue screen. I am however able to 'restore' from the fresh install saved point. Anyone know if this is a hardware or software issue? I was leaning towards possibly a mobo...
    More about : troubleshooting windows