Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics driver quitting, and weird sound distortion.  (Read 6960 times)

dustynana

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Graphics driver quitting, and weird sound distortion.
    « on: September 04, 2015, 01:39:41 PM »
    I installed windows 10 on launch day and for a couple weeks everything was fine. Now once every couple days i get this weird sound distortion and the screen goes black and then the only thing i can do is hit the reset button on my case. Everything starts up like normal and i can even go back to playing the game most of the time(this only happens when i'm in the middle of a game). Sometimes i just get frame drops that make the game stutter Until i restart my computer but that doesn't work all the time either. other times when i'm in a skype call with friends or something, and this happens, those that i'm in the call with get a loud static noise from me. And the last symptom is that i keep getting the message, graphics driver not responding or graphics driver quitting(something along those lines). I really hope this is just a problem with windows 10.

system:
    i5-3570k
    gtx-660
    16gb ram
    samsung 120gb ssd
    1tb hdd
    750 watt corsair psu
    h80i water cooled
    can't remember motherboard name, but i think it's asus.
    I am running two monitors. 1, 23inch and 1, 17inch