Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hard disc/ harddrive problem  (Read 2279 times)

Ganesh

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• nothing is imposible
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
hard disc/ harddrive problem
« on: September 08, 2015, 08:15:20 AM »
Help!!! My hdd is giving problem to start pc. When i wants to start my pc ; monitors display show the massage " drive read errior   press alt+ctrl+del." Or the boot manager is missing. But when i remove hdd and press normally on its motor & connect; it starts. Please help me.
believe in your self

Salmon Trout

Re: hard disc/ harddrive problem
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:33:15 AM »
Press normally on its motor? What does this mean?

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 07:54:59 PM »
Hi

It is possible there is a bad connection between the circuit board and the drive motor / head assembly connector. Normally this is 2 connectors. As you have the drive out can you supply the make and model so that I can check how those connections are made.
Sometimes removing the board and cleaning the solder pads with an eraser is all that's required to get the drive working again.
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

SandraCarlson

• Partition table
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:39:28 PM »
"disk read error" means bad sector. since system fails to boot, the bad sector(s) is on vital location that contain important data for system booting.
you can enter safe/recovery mode to repair the error or use  bootable CD  and perform chkdsk which can check bad sectors.
besides, there are third-party tool on the Internet that can check and repair tools too.
it happens that some bad sectors can't be repaired. in that case, you'll have to change a new disk.
if your computer or hard drive doesn't run out of warranty, you can contact tech support team for help.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 05:40:42 AM »
You can safely ignore the above post.