Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FREEZING WEBSITES  (Read 5832 times)

ivanoe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    FREEZING WEBSITES
    « on: October 25, 2015, 02:14:42 AM »
    Morning I am on windows 10 and I am having trouble as the title suggests. Sometimes I go on a website (any website). and it works great then all of a sudden the mouse half stops working.
    I say half stops because the curser still moves but no matter what I click on nothing happens, also I cant; scroll up or down. I go off the site and try again and it is ok. until the next time ,it is really annoying.  can you please help.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: FREEZING WEBSITES
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 07:43:13 AM »
    Welcome back to Computer Hope... I saw your name and was like I havent seen you here in a while..  ;D

I have seen similar issue with Windows 10, and it seems to be specific websites that have scripts with Explorer Edge browser. Have you tried a different browser like Firefox?

My Windows 10 system using Firefox cured the problem.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:59:01 AM »
    Possible relevance, or maybe not:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2748432/access-websites-upgrading-windows.html
    can't access websites since upgrading to windows 10

From Tom's Hardware.
    So I just upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10, and now I can't access several websites for whatever reason. Like gamefaqs, ebay and hotmail/outlook email. I can access them on my phone but not my laptop. Anyone have any ideas? I've done the dns flush in the cmd prompt but no luck. No to mention the Cortana app just endlessly loads, but I suppose that's to be expected.

There is a major update to Windows 10 coming soon.  :)

ivanoe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 05:13:23 AM »
      Thanks Devel.it nice to be back ..except it isn't really because the only time I visit computer hope is when I have a problem.  anyway I know what you mean .
      I will try Firefox and let you know.

ivanoe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »
        Afternoon Devel  i tried installing Firefox no go ,i tried with several browsers but it kept saying cant' install it .and i still had the same problem. so i uninstalled windows 10 , and went back to 7. now all seems OK .been on it about a hour and no problems . it would seem that windows 10 hasn't' ironed out all the kinks .  i installed Firefox anyway.

Thanks for your help.