Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: An unusual computer crash  (Read 4837 times)

Destiny8745

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    An unusual computer crash
    « on: November 03, 2015, 03:04:44 PM »
    Hi, I have a new Hp Pavillion that operates on windows 10. It is under a year old, and it crashed for 24 hours. The disk drive worked and whenever it was plugged in, I could hear sounds coming from the computer whenever I hit the power button. The computer however refused to turn on, and the power on switch would not light up. After the 24 hour crash, upon investigating, I saw the power on switch blinking and the computer turned back on without a problem. I had also taken it apart after the initial crash and all the components were clean and were not dusty. I'm a beginner whenever it comes to computers and was hoping someone would have some input or suggestions as to what could have causes this mysterious crash. I also have a bad habit of leaving the computer on for long periods of time. Any input is much appreciated.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: An unusual computer crash
    « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 12:03:39 PM »
    If I were you, I would invoke the warranty - if the machine is under a year old this should not be happening.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 10:32:10 AM »
    I had also taken it apart after the initial crash and all the components were clean and were not dusty. I'm a beginner whenever it comes to computers ...
    Hmm, a "beginner" taking apart a laptop?  I would never recommend beginners take apart a laptop unless you have an older one you can use for practice in learning more about them.

bailey

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 01:33:24 AM »
      If your computer is under warranty, you can contact HP for repair. Moreover, it might be BIOS problem. Do you have HP Support installed in your computer? HP support automatically check and download updates every week if there are new updates needed. Lastly, you can try to reset your pc if you want clean start. Make sure you back up all your files.