Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need new bios but cant seem to find the right ones  (Read 2160 times)

Ameriwannica

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    need new bios but cant seem to find the right ones
    « on: November 06, 2015, 04:49:35 AM »
    I have an intel b940 processor i need new bios for the current bios dont support what i need to do with them...they are EXTREMELY basic bios!! I need over clock setting so i can adjust the memory timings and voltages....heres a hint...intel doesnt say jack about bios updates for this processor...HELP PLEASE!! :P

Israel

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: need new bios but cant seem to find the right ones
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 05:13:01 AM »
    BIOS updates are for specific reasons ...if your MBoard manuf does not list one i'm afraid your outta luck.
    Flashing with the wrong BIOS can create an expensive paperweight/boat anchor.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Ameriwannica

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 05:19:21 AM »
      well i have no option but to get new bios unfortunatly...im calling intel ASAP this morning and talking to them about solutions....its not that they dont support new bios im sure because like litterally ALL other processors are listed on thier site besides mine...i dunno...the memory is over heating...honestly...they are getting sued for building a computer that fails if the memory is EVER removed if they fail to tell me what i want to hear when i call them...that basic lemon law...

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 06:07:13 AM »
      Best of Luck with your lawsuit...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 07:46:22 AM »
      First of all, that is a low end laptop processor, not designed for overclocking hence the lack of settings.

Second of all, how do you know the memory is overheating?  Memory almost never overheats.

Mucking around with the memory timings to make it run cooler is only going to lead to instability.

Have fun suing them.  What do you mean about it failing if you remove the memory?  You removed the memory and now it doesn't work?  That sounds like you broke something.