Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD/DVD Burner Drive for Windows 10  (Read 2911 times)

Balatro

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
CD/DVD Burner Drive for Windows 10
« on: November 10, 2015, 06:22:09 PM »
Last week I upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to 10. When I tried to burn a file to a CD, I couldn't find the option "Burn to Disc," so I couldn't finish the process. I went to the Microsoft support site and contacted an agent. I thought I was contacting an expert but all I got, for a half hour, was "Give me a minute while I check my resources." What little I did get was that I need to download a new burner drive. I asked if Microsoft has a burner drive and he said "We do but it probably won't work." So I'm looking for a burner drive, that will work, for Windows 10. I Googled it and got a list of hundreds of outlets. I haven't heard of any of them so don't know if I can trust any. And some cost as much as $100. Do any of you, who use Windows 10, have a working burner drive, for a low cost or even freeware?

I later found the "Burn to Disc" command but, on clicking it, it does nothing. And every time I turn on my PC, I get the message "You have files waiting to be burned to disc."

I looked into the Community, on the Microsoft site, and there and hundreds with the same question but no one getting any answers.   
"If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something." Murphy's Law #4

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: CD/DVD Burner Drive for Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 06:59:15 PM »
To be clear,you want disk burning software, a drive is the actual bit of hardware you actually put the CD into.

Windows 10 definitely supports burning CDs, click the "you have items waiting to be burned to CD" with a blank CD in the machine.  There should be a button somewhere in the window that appears to burn/write the files to disc.

Failing that, freeware such as CDBurnerXP will do the job fine, there is no need to pay for anything.

Balatro

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
Re: CD/DVD Burner Drive for Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »
Got it. But now it says that every CD, I insert, is incompatible or of poor quality. So I still can't burn a CD.
"If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something." Murphy's Law #4