Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cryptsp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error  (Read 7572 times)

CHENGLIN WANG

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    I keep getting this error message when I try to open google and most of the software I have on my laptop. I have tried all methods trying to solve this kind of error online, but none of them seem to work. Here is the link to the screenshot of the error: note that every software causes this error, and here are two examples:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u...ew?usp=sharing

Now I cannot install any software due to this error, and all the anti-virus software cannot detect any virus. I cannot reset my laptop or refresh my laptop. I clicked on them and after restart, it goes into Windows 10 directly and does no resetting work. I bought this ASUS laptop about 2 month ago with Windows 8.1 as default system. I got this error around 2 weeks ago, and the morning I found this happening, my Facebook account was hacked.

Our campus security team helped me. He used a lot of diagnosing tools but none of them work since this bad image error kept appearing. I also post this issue on some other similar sites, and they asked me to do the SFC and DISM, which don't work. They also helped me with MiniTool Box, which doesn't give any useful information either. Last, they asked me to install Windows Repair All-in-One in safe mode with network. But I cannot access safe mode with network. I can go into safe mode but I can't enable the network. Then I tried to launch Windows Repair All-in-One in normal mode, but it came with the error "Invalid pictures" as shown.

Please help!

Thank you

Chenglin

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    From a Google search:
    What is CRYPTSP.dll?
    CRYPTSP.dll is part of Microsoft® Windows® Operating System and developed by Microsoft Corporation according to the CRYPTSP.dll version information.
    CRYPTSP.dll's description is "Cryptographic Service Provider API"
    CRYPTSP.dll is digitally signed by Microsoft Windows.
    CYPTSP.dll is usually located in the 'C:\Windows\System32\' folder.
    However, there does not seem to be any info from Microsoft.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Check in BIOS real quick and see if the timestamp is correct...

If thats not wrong then run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt and re-boot.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

CHENGLIN WANG

Topic Starter

Starter

Check in BIOS real quick and see if the timestamp is correct...

If thats not wrong then run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt and re-boot.

The BIOS time is the correct system time. I tried sfc scan again. It says repaired corrupted files, but the error still appears.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Some more investigation found that it is explained in the MS forums.
      The full name is:
      CryptoAPI Cryptographic Service
      Microsoft says you get this from somebody else.
      Providers associated with Cryptography API (CryptoAPI) are called cryptographic service providers (CSPs) in this documentation. CSPs typically implement cryptographic algorithms and provide key storage. Providers associated with CNG, on the other hand, separate algorithm implementation from key storage. The following Microsoft CSPs are distributed with Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
      Link Here...
      My guess. Due to security concerns, one can not just do a  simple replacement of parts of this service.
      Help that is of some help.  :)

CHENGLIN WANG

Topic Starter

Starter

Some more investigation found that it is explained in the MS forums.
        The full name is:
        CryptoAPI Cryptographic Service
        Microsoft says you get this from somebody else.Link Here...
        My guess. Due to security concerns, one can not just do a  simple replacement of parts of this service.
        Help that is of some help.  :)

I can do nothing to this file right now. I can't change it, delete it, or reinstall it.