Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Laptop doesn't turn on  (Read 37932 times)

mail154

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    HP Laptop doesn't turn on
    « on: November 19, 2015, 03:11:18 AM »
    Hello,
    My HP Laptop went off when it was working, and it didn't turn on then. The power button led glows for few seconds when i try to turn on the laptop,but nothing in the screen,no sounds of cpu fan or booting.

Solutions Tried:

I tried removing AC supply,and battery and tried holding the power button for 30 seconds and put everything back in. But this doesn't help me either. I also tried with different RAM stick and slot,which doesn't work.

When i plug the AC adapter in, I noticed that the corresponding indicator in the cpu doesn't glow. Anyway i can't either work with the battery.

Please help me out if you can!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: HP Laptop doesn't turn on
    « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 06:19:54 AM »
    Might be looking at a bad main board... Have you tried powering it with battery removed and just the power supply to the wall to see if the battery is bricked causing it to not work?

If the LED shows any blink pattern that might help as well as for many of the newer laptops will give a POST like blink code that is specific per laptop or manufacturer, so knowing if it has 1 long blink and 3 short blinks or amber and 2 green blinks etc repeated would help.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:57:39 AM »
    It might also help to know what exact model of HP laptop this is.

mail154

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 06:18:36 PM »
      @DaveLembke I tried, with the battery removed and directly with the power supply. That didn't worked.

If the LED you are speaking about is the AC Adapter charging LED, then there is no light at all in it.

If it is the LED in the power button, as I said when i try to turn the laptop,it lasts for few seconds and goes off.

Another LED on the left, which is the Power LED by my manual,goes off simultaneously with the one in the power button itself.There's no other blink patterns.

mail154

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 06:19:33 PM »
        @Calum It is an HP-630.

DaveLembke

Sage
        « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 09:21:23 AM »
        Looks like its going to have to go to a repair shop.... or buy a new one. We have exhausted all options other than swapping out the laptop power supply. As for the only other cause would be not enough current to boot.

I am suspecting the main board is bad based on this info shared.

Info online suggests quality issues... http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-630-15-6-p-p6200-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-4-gb-ram-320-gb-hdd-series/

mkazarka
        Feb 28, 2014

I've just been given this laptop and it's the worst laptop I've ever used. The build quality feels like a cheap netbook.

The keyboard, buttons and screen are a joke.

I actually encountered older HP laptops and this is somehow a step back. I don't understand this.

TexasZorg
        Nov 24, 2012

This is simply the WORST laptop that I have ever purchased! Of at least a dozen units, this is the ONE computer model with the MOST problems.  The LEFT (mouse) button on the Touch Pad has never worked reliably and today has completely failed - the electronics are dead, not just the plastic cover. There is little way to cure this, so the 630 is headed for the scrap heap and HP is doomed to never enter my home again. This is horrible, unreliable, slow, poorly built! Get it? Don't buy it... ever!

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 11:52:11 AM »
        I've had more than a few HP 630s die in the same way as you describe, as above it sounds like a bad board.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 03:07:19 PM »
        I'd find out if a local shop has the exact power pack to test it before i'd write off the MBoard...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 05:39:43 PM »
        there is a cheap generic Replacement HP 630 Smart AC Adapter 65Watt 18.5V 3.5Aiced at about $10. That is cheaper than  going to a shop.
        http://www.chargerbuy.com/replacement-hp-630-smart-ac-adapter-65watt.html

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 05:47:00 PM »
        The issue with cheap replacement power supplies is they usually can do more damage than good...however...carry on.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "