Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I unleash a Sandisk Cruzer 32GB Usb Drive's speed  (Read 3647 times)

sirgilmour

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Learning is the only way
    • www.maxartwurk.com
  • Experience: Experienced
How do I unleash a Sandisk Cruzer 32GB Usb Drive's speed
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:16:45 PM »
Hi

I never really knew what size of sectors to choose when formatting it. Aslo theres an option in properties called ready boost don't know if it actually works.
So i you know a little bit about that subject please tell me.
I have a SDCZ36-032G model, it is currently formatted in ntfs, i don't recall the sector size i put, and it has 4 versions of windows and many tools to reboot in dos with xboot.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: How do I unleash a Sandisk Cruzer 32GB Usb Drive's speed
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »
A similar question was on the ScanDisk forum a few years back.
Poor write speed ob 16GB cruzer
The thread did not provide a sure answer. If you really need more speed, you have to buy a premium device.

Like hacker just published a review of the new USB 3.0 flash drives.
Five Best USB 3.0 Flash Drives
They review the SanDisk Extreme 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive and give it good marks. With a price of $33 it better be good!

Salmon Trout

Re: How do I unleash a Sandisk Cruzer 32GB Usb Drive's speed
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 12:41:11 AM »
They review the SanDisk Extreme 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive and give it good marks. With a price of $33 it better be good!
I was going to write "$33 is cheap for any 64 GB USB flash drive, whether 3.0 or not", but I just did some checking. Boy have prices come down a lot! I see I can get (in a local store) a SanDisk Ultra Fit 64 GB USB 3.0 drive for the equivalent of $22. One problem for me in taking advantage of USB 3.0 devices is my current PC only has one USB 3.0 port, and it's at the back and already has a USB 3.0 external hard drive connected. Hubs are not too expensive although I see some devices won't work through a hub.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:55:58 AM by Salmon Trout »