Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Boot Up Problem! XP P.C  (Read 4285 times)

thefallenangel

Boot Up Problem! XP P.C
« on: July 27, 2004, 02:14:07 PM »
Last Week I went to boot up my pc and it wouldn't display anything on my monitor and i reset it, enyjoying the same problem. So i turned it off checked everything and nothing then. So i switched around all the hardware including the motherboard and still had the same problem. I'm now on another p.c using the same monitor and i switched around the parts with this p.c. My only guess is maybe a Driver clash between mobo and graphics card and my friend said reformat but you can't see anything or get to the bios so anyone any ideas?

Raptor

Re: Boot Up Problem! XP P.C
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 02:16:16 PM »
You say you replaced EVERY last bit of hardware?

Does that include your power supply?

If you did not replace your videocard, it could be faulty.

You will have to be more specific as to what it exactly is that you have replaced.

thefallenangel

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 02:18:12 PM »
i replaced these things

Monitor
Graphics Card
Hard drive
Memory
Motherboard
Power Supply

i don't think anything else could be the problem but could itt be a driver clash?

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 04:58:30 AM »
What exactly do you mean with Driver Clash?

Did you also check the cabling? Perhaps a cable is faulty or has been worn out.

Also, can you tell me if you have any older parts in your computer right now? I assume that you have got two parts of everything in the list you stated. If that is the case, it could be that you now have parts of A mixed up with B, in which case you will never find the faulty component and/or problem.

You could also try resetting the BIOS. (See the computerhope.com database for more information.)

thefallenangel

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 05:37:42 AM »
no All the parts from A are in A and B is in B (which i'm currently on)

By Driver Clash i mean that the graphics card drivers and motherboard drivers interfering with each other stopping it from displaying anything on the monitor

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 08:36:43 AM »
Did you, before you quit using the PC for approximately a week, update the drivers?

Is it an AGP videocard? Perhaps you could insert it in a PCI slot and see if it boots from there.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 08:39:07 AM by Raptor »