Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared  (Read 3746 times)

Ickpers

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared
    « on: December 21, 2015, 10:29:22 AM »
    Hi all. I have just got windows 10 and after installating it I installed common programs that I use. I went through them a bit fast though and am now have problems with my xbox 360 controller.

I have a wireless receiver that I got on ebay and it's not the official one. While installing the drivers for the receiver rather than clicking 'choose my own driver' and choosing 'Microsoft common controller for windows' I choose the xbox 360 prehiperals one.

Now no matter what I do to reinstall the driver correctly I don't have the option to choose Microsoft common controller for windows anymore.

Does anyone know what I can do to get this option back again so I can correctly install the driver??

By the way the receiver works and I know that it does work on windows 10 the same way it works on windows 7.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared
    « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 05:01:03 PM »
    Doesn't sound like they are Win 10 drivers...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Ickpers

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared
      « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 03:31:59 AM »
      I think someone I know has done this but I'm not not 100% sure. I will find out if he did soon hopefully. Until then I'm going to use the ps4 controller which I'll set up tonight. If I get the ps4 one working I will be better off anyway.