Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ntdl.dll error  (Read 2384 times)

Nikhil324

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Ntdl.dll error
    « on: November 30, 2015, 07:36:07 AM »
    THERE IS... a error with my laptop about ntdll.dll i downloaded another one and tried to replace it but it dosent work it says its open in system. then i tried to see online help from youtube but none worked the error is..

----.exe - entry point not found (---- is a file it happens for some games and apps)

The procedure entry point RltUnsubcribeWnfStateChangeNotification
                      could not be located in the dynamic link library. 

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Ntdl.dll error
    « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 08:59:01 AM »
    What Operating System are you using? This is a common problem with running newer software on Windows XP. Which programs are you trying to run?
    If you are running Windows Vista or Later (Win8 according to your profile) start an admin command prompt and run sfc /scannow.

i downloaded another one and tried to replace it
    Don't do this. The best case scenario is things stay the same. More likely, you would make things far, far worse.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:46:09 PM »
    Online dll fixes are a nightmare...avoid all of them.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Nikhil324

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 03:09:49 AM »
      What Operating System are you using? This is a common problem with running newer software on Windows XP. Which programs are you trying to run?
      If you are running Windows Vista or Later (Win8 according to your profile) start an admin command prompt and run sfc /scannow.
      Don't do this. The best case scenario is things stay the same. More likely, you would make things far, far worse.
      ok.. i am running windows 7 home basic and i will try to run sfc /scannow

Nikhil324

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 03:51:59 AM »

I runned sfc scannow and.. i got this message

begining system scan. this process will take time

i tried to open the cbs.log file it was in notepad. it said acess denied.

begining verification  phase of system scan.
        verification100% complete.
        windows resourse protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

details are included in the cbs.log windir\logs\CBS\CBS.log for example

C:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log
        the system file repair changes will take  effect after the next reboot.