Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AIO_CDB Error Message  (Read 3392 times)

SeniorSis

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    AIO_CDB Error Message
    « on: December 08, 2015, 10:08:29 PM »
    I have this recurring message (see attached)  whenever I restart my computer.  I think it has to do with and HP printer that I use to have but I don't have anymore.  I can't seem to get this error message to go away. I thought if I could delete the path maybe it would go away but I don't have a clue of how to do that.   It is like this phantom message that isn't connected to anything.  Any help would be appreciated.  Usually when it appears I can cancel through it but It comes up about 4 or 5 times and I cancel each one and than it goes away until I restart my computer again.  There is nothing that I can see in Programs and features to Uninstall

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: AIO_CDB Error Message
    « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:39:04 PM »
    If it is pat of a printer install, remove fully the printer drivers and software. Reboot and see .
    Otherwise you will have to f ind the MSI thing that is associated with that thing. Edit the MSI so the program does not start up.

SeniorSis

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »
      Thanks for your help Geek.  After struggling with this problem for a couple of years ( tried to address it a few times and gave up and just decided to live with it) I sat down that night into the morning and just kept at it trying to locate the file by following the file path which wasn't as easy as it sounds.  Several times I went to System Config start up. I felt sure it had to be there but I wasn't sure how to identify it.  It wasn't like it flashed at me indicating "this is your problem" so after a couple of hours  I decided to "uncheck" a couple of HP Digital imaging boxes I noticed where the file path resembled the path I was looking for.  I figured if it didn't work I could always go back and recheck them.  I restarted my computer and the error message was gone. Of course I kept restarting my computer to make sure because I couldn't believe I solved it LOL  ( by then it was 2am in the morning)  My guess is I was getting the error message because it was trying to start up a program that didn't exist anymore.  It just takes some of us longer to figure things out.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 07:50:31 PM »
      As a general note.
      Some printer software does not UN-install in a polite way.  Not just HP. All of them have some odd  software that may become independent of the printer hardware. But the manufacture site should have some help. One had to offer a special UN install program to former users!  8)