Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unzip Files  (Read 2681 times)

bigal50

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Unzip Files
    « on: November 22, 2015, 11:27:25 PM »
    I am probably in the wrong website for this but I couldn't get an information at the Sandisk website. I have and old Sandisk e260 MP3 player. That is not working. I was instructed to download two files then drag them over to the Sandisk MP3 icon in my computer. I did but this did not nothing at all. Was later instructed to unzip the files then drag them over. Did this but not sure if I unzipped  them correctly because nothing happened ! !!?!??!..........the files are called

BL_SD_boardSupportSd               its a ROM file ( Whatever that is )

and

PP5022   this one is a MI4 file            ( Whatever that is )

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Unzip Files
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:21:29 AM »
    To me it would seem that the flash utility to reinitialize the device would require it to run on the healthy drive such as hard drive and then address the Sandisk device at a lower hardware level on he USB bus since if you cant see this device in windows then there is no drag and copy feature to get the files there.

Btw is the USB port on this device free of dust, dirt, corrosion or damage, and have you tried using a different USB cable or port to connect to it?

bigal50

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Unzip Files
      « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 02:56:02 PM »
      Actually I can see the Sansa music device on the Computer its the F: drive. I just can drag the mentioned files to it or open them.  What next ??

Thank You