Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NOT SURE  (Read 2697 times)

DizzyWaters54

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    NOT SURE
    « on: December 14, 2015, 04:57:09 PM »
    I've been having trouble for a fee months now. Did factory reset and got a lot of stuff that didn't come with my note book G72 and don't know what is going on since this. Also did the FREE Windows 10- but this didn't help. Computer is running slow takes quite awhile to boot up runs hot and if I go to a web page it pops up with windows drivers update. So can anyone figure out my problem or not? I have a desk top that isn't booting right either but that another time one problem at a time! I'm depressed it
    's Christmas time have a new born grand daughter born on 9\11 of this year and have no money to fix computers or get Christmas presents. Also fighting cancer 4 second time since July 2014 do chemo once a week 4 the 3 tumors I've got from my mastectomy in 06. Sorry about this part of it but maybe someone can understand where I'm coming from now. I need some help PLEASE and thank you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: NOT SURE
    « Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »
    Hello and I hope this information helps. Best suggestion I have is to create the recovery discs and perform the system recovery setting it back to factory new condition, ((( BUT BE SURE TO CHOSE THE ONE THAT DOES NOT DESTROY YOUR PERSONAL DATA ))) or else it will make it like it was when you first got it and pictures and any data you added to it since it was purchased would be gone.

Page 114 at this PDF shows step by step on how to create them and then use them. Sorry for your health problems and I hope this information helps. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well. You will need some blank DVDs to burn to or a thumb drive or two that are at least 8GB in size if that option is available. I always go the route of burning Discs myself, although I have had some computers like my Toshiba Netbook that doesnt have an optical drive require the creation of them onto two USB flash drive sticks.

Just Noticed Reading further the optical drive was an option for this... if you dont have one you will need to borrow a external DVD Drive or buy one. A USB external drive is around $20 or less. Here is one similar to what I use on netbooks and systems without a DVD Burner. Installation is as easy as plugging in USB cable to drive and then to computer and then following instructions from HP. Drivers will be automatically installed so its plug and play.  :)  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136261&cm_re=external_dvd_drive-_-27-136-261-_-Product

The manual states:
    NOTE:
    Use an optional external optical drive (purchased separately) to create recovery discs, or purchase recovery discs for the computer from the HP Web site.

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02623152.pdf