Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: fax server not receiving faxes  (Read 133177 times)

Atari7800

fax server not receiving faxes
« on: March 10, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »
okay so i have a shared fax on server 03, one of the domain clients claims she isn't receiving faxes. i can send faxes out fine, they show up good on the fax console.  i try to send a fax to myself, and it shows as line busy on the fax console (as it should).  the not received faxes in question do not show up on the console.  is it even possible for faxes to be sent out fine but not be received?

Atari7800

Re: fax server not receiving faxes
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 10:42:47 AM »
ok my bad.  under tools, deep into "configure fax", theres an option to set your hardware device to receive faxes.  stupid me, i assumed when you set up a fax, it would send and receive without further configuration!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »
Well Done...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

JCAleign

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 07:29:33 AM »
okay so i have a shared fax on server 03, one of the domain clients claims she isn't receiving faxes. i can send faxes out fine, they show up good on the fax console.  i try to send a fax to myself, and it shows as line busy on the fax console (as it should).  the not received faxes in question do not show up on the console.  is it even possible for faxes to be sent out fine but not be received?

Yeah, sometimes it's the simple things that stump us... ;)

Install and Share a Fax Printer for Network Users

Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2

When you install the Fax Server role, if you have not attached a fax device to the computer, a local fax printer connection, Fax, is automatically created in the Printers folder in Control Panel. If that fax printer connection becomes corrupted or is deleted, you can create a new fax printer connection by adding a new fax account. If you have installed the Fax Server role and already have a fax printer installed, you should follow the steps in this procedure to share the printer so that users can connect.

This procedure describes how to create a new fax printer, and then share the printer so that your users can find it.
To create and share a new fax printer

Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.

Click Tools, and then click Fax Accounts.

In Fax Accounts, click Add to open Fax Setup.

On the Choose a fax modem or server page, click Connect to a fax modem.

You may be asked to install a modem. To do this, follow the instructions in the Add Hardware Wizard.

On the Choose a modem name page, type a name for the fax modem, and then click Next. The default name is Fax Modem.

On the Choose how to receive faxes page, click the option that you prefer.

The new fax modem should appear in Fax Accounts, under Account Name.

Then, to share the printer that has been created, click Start, and then click Control Panel.

Under Hardware, click View devices and printers.

In the list of printers, right-click Fax, click Printer properties, click the Sharing tab, select Share this printer, and then type a name for the printer that you want your network users to see.

If you want to enable users with computers running different versions of Windows to use this printer, click Additional Drivers to install the needed drivers.

In Additional Drivers, select the check box for the architecture that you want to support. You are prompted to provide a path to the driver. Provide the path to the %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prnms002.inf* file on a computer that is of the architecture that you want to support.

To confirm that the files were copied properly, in Windows Explorer navigate to %windir%\System32\spool\drivers\ and look for the folder that contains the files for the selected architectures.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 07:31:45 AM »
He fixed it in March...

RobertL

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 07:04:32 AM »
ok my bad.  under tools, deep into "configure fax", theres an option to set your hardware device to receive faxes.  stupid me, i assumed when you set up a fax, it would send and receive without further configuration!

Says fixed but we are having similiar problem.  Just bought some new Windows 7 machines and need to use our Server 2003 shared fax printer on them.  Can bring up the printer but scan is non responsible when i try to send a fax the Windows Fax. I can wait it out and it takes about 10 minutes and then the it sends the fax.    The fax server works fine on all our other machines XP and Server 2003, but they all use fax console instead of Windows fax and Scan. Anyone have any ideas, or is there a way to install fax console on windows 7.

tcrush

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 04:06:30 PM »
No luck either with fax console. Maybe perhaps try using an alternative, such as RingCentral Fax or Home Office Internet Fax? I've used both before and they seem to work pretty well, and in the same ways console should work. Just an idea!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 06:43:42 PM »
Continuing the thread that will not die...

adnan202

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 10:59:08 PM »
Well done its a great job done by person who made this site.

SHenshaw

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 08:05:44 AM »
    No luck either with fax console. Maybe perhaps try using an alternative, such as RingCentral Fax or Home Office Internet Fax? I've used both before and they seem to work pretty well, and in the same ways console should work. Just an idea!

If you think Windows Fax and Scan may be the source of a problem with sending a fax, you can write a script that uses the Fax COM objects FaxComEx.FaxDocument and FaxComEx.FaxServer to attempt to send the fax.

SHenshaw

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 07:37:48 AM »
      Says fixed but we are having similiar problem.  Just bought some new Windows 7 machines and need to use our Server 2003 shared fax printer on them.  Can bring up the printer but scan is non responsible when i try to send a fax the Windows Fax. I can wait it out and it takes about 10 minutes and then the it sends the fax.    The fax server works fine on all our other machines XP and Server 2003, but they all use fax console instead of Windows fax and Scan. Anyone have any ideas, or is there a way to install fax console on windows 7.

Some good reference sites for online faxing:  Cheapest Home Office Online Fax Best Online Fax

Hi,
      On Windows 7, the Fax Console has been replaced by Windows Fax and Scan.  Will be in All Programs.

jimm1909

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 02:22:08 PM »
        Hi, two previous users in this thread SHenshaw and tcrush have added spam links to our site embedded in their posts. Can these please be removed?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 02:37:51 PM »
        What are you talking about ? ?
        Can you post a link ? ?

BTW they havent been here in over 4 years now...