Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Remote Desktop Connection Citrix  (Read 2660 times)

Hoyasaxa

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Remote Desktop Connection Citrix
    « on: January 10, 2016, 10:27:42 AM »
    I am trying to remotely connect to my work desktop using the packet of instructions I was given,  and have been unable to connect on my laptop or my desktop computer.

I have, however, been able to connect on my IPad, but the IPad isn't an ideal device to be using for Quickbooks, Excel etc. 

What happens with my desktop is that I access the company's website, type in my username and password, and choose "yes" when asked to load a Citrix plugin.  It shows the download and installation, says it's been successfully installed, and then I either immediately get a pop-up that says "Citrix could not contact server, check your network connection", OR (I've installed and uninstalled a couple times) I am presented with the main gateway screen where I am to click on "general" icon, which then brings me to the applications.  When I click on the "remote desktop application" icon the little wheel starts spinning underneath the icon, then nothing.

What is going on here?  I have  Microsoft XP Media Center Edition. 

On my laptop, which has Windows 7 Pro, I have the plug-in successfully installed but after choosing the "general" icon from the main gateway screen the application screen comes up, but in the corner there's a message that says "remote shortcuts are currently disabled".

I have little to no computer knowledge and we are technically not allowed to even bring personal laptops to work to have an IT person help.

Why is it working on my IPad and not my desktop or laptop?  Do I need a new computer. I am beyond frustrated.

Thank you.