Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to get internet explorer on windows ten desktop  (Read 5211 times)

az_shyguy

Topic Starter

Beginner

how to get internet explorer on windows ten desktop
    « on: January 06, 2016, 07:08:39 PM »
    I am not sure how to explain this.. but I am getting tired of the big E being Microsoft edge and want the big E to go to internet explorer with all my menu bars.. so how do I get Internet explorer big E on my desktop! I am new to windows ten and am not liking it.. seems everthing is apps.. and in my opinion Microsoft edge sucks as I cannot get my menu bars on there! so can someone tell me how to get the original internet explorer browser on there?

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: how to get internet explorer on windows ten desktop
    « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 08:39:10 PM »
    c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
    right-click, send to desktop shortcut

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 03:48:02 PM »
    Type "Internet Explorer" into Cortana, when you see "Internet Explorer Desktop App" in the results, you can left click that to start IE11 or right click and choose "Pin to start" or "Pin to taskbar" for future use, or right click, choose "More", "Open file location" and then drag the Internet Explorer onto the desktop.

az_shyguy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:12:33 AM »
      Thank you! I was sure it was easy to do! just wasn't sure..windows 10 is new to me.. and I am trying to figure out how to navigate... thank you for the input..now I have IE pinned to taskbar... as always computerhope has helped! ;D

farmgal

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 01:56:41 AM »
        Thanks commando. I have just bought a lap top with 10 on it. I have no idea what I am doing, so this has helped. Thank you