Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mobile phone pairing using Windwos 8.1  (Read 5122 times)

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    Mobile phone pairing using Windwos 8.1
    « on: January 12, 2016, 12:18:41 PM »
    Can anyone kindly let me step have  step-by-step instructions how to pair my bluetooth on my mobile phone with my laptop using Windows 8.1 ? Many thanks for being patient with a 77-yr-old pensioner.

Joe B.
    GUZEPPI

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Mobile phone pairing using Windwos 8.1
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 12:49:45 PM »
    1) What is it you want to do? You can probably accomplish what you want by connecting via usb

2) We treat everyone the same here - we do our best to be helpful and polite with everyone. 77 year old pensioner or 12 year old prodigy - no need to ask for special treatment.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 02:26:42 PM »
    I gather your objective is to pair your bluetooth earbud/headset to your mobile phone.  Is that right?   If so, the computer has nothing to do with this.  So, forget about it and leave it out of this procedure.

Is your phone an Android device?  I recently paired a bluetooth head piece to my Android phone but I'm not sure I recall the exact sequence of the procedure.  You do need to open Settings on your phone and activate bluetooth if is not already activated; on new phones, the default setting is probably Off, as it was on my phone. Then, once bluetooth activation on your phone is confirmed, turn on your bluetooth earbud/headset and listen or look for an indication from the bluetooth earbud/headset and/or your phone.   If you pay close attention, you'll probably see or hear an indicator that the pairing was successful.   

Many videos on this can be found on youtube.  If you need further assistance, post here again and provide some details (make and model) about the your phone and bluetooth earbud/headset and I'll try to assist further.

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 12:38:52 PM »
      Many thanks. 

Since I posted my question on Computer Hope Forum, a friend helped me by Remote Assistance, and my problem was solved in a few minutes.

Your kindness is much appreciated, particularly as your answer was very detailed.

Regards, and sorry I did not reply earlier as I have just accessed the Forum.

Guzeppi
      GUZEPPI

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »
        1) What is it you want to do? You can probably accomplish what you want by connecting via usb

2) We treat everyone the same here - we do our best to be helpful and polite with everyone. 77 year old pensioner or 12 year old prodigy - no need to ask for special treatment.

Many thanks, and sorry I did not reply earlier as I have accessed the Forum only some minutes ago.

My problem was solved by a friend through Remote Assistance.

In mentioning my age, I was not asking for any " special treatment", as by now, after having been using the Forum for quite some time, I am well aware of the generous and erudite help I keep getting from Computer Hope.  I only gave my age by way of asking for a step-by-step solution as I am slow on the uptake, unlike a much younger person for whom computer navigation is almost second nature. Moreover,  I find it difficult to follow video tutorials.

Thank you again  and kind regards.

Guzeppi
        GUZEPPI