Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I take all the memory on one computer, to another computer?  (Read 2064 times)

KoroKorington

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I'm not experienced with the technologies. But I do know the maximum amount of memory things i have is like 930 Gigabytes or something. If I had a a cheap computer that I wanted to switch to, like lets say, a very expensive computer I won, can I take ALL the memory of the old, to the new? Like I'm talking about EVERYTHING. The iPhone backups allow something like this. You back it up, then load the saved backup on another phone that you might be upgrading to and then you have EVERYTHING from the old phone, in the new. Even the Safari tabs and history and saved passwords. Can I do this with computers? I so far have used 500 of 900 gigabytes. If I do this, how much of the information in the old computer will I find in the new? Will I open it and see on the screen what looks like an exact duplicate with all the downloaded programs and stuff?

grimdarkTyrant

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: How do I take all the memory on one computer, to another computer?
      « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 10:27:32 AM »
      There are multiple ways to do that actually. If you have a computer savvy friend or if you can Google enough info to do it yourself you can just take the hard drive out of your old computer and plug it into your new one. If you want to use 2 hard drives them you may have to set one as the main one. I'm not too clear on that process though.
      The other option that I can think of would be to connect the two computers together and copy literally everything from your old computer to the new one.  However this would take a very long time to do so it's not too recommend.

bob1286

Hopeful
        • Experience: Beginner
        Re: How do I take all the memory on one computer, to another computer?
        « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 12:10:37 PM »
        I have no clue, what your really wanting since your talking about a Storage Drive seemly, or RAM.  Ether way, I would not do this myself since, your so unsure and you can't have 800 GB of RAM and unless your running alot of programs it will not change