Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Restore  (Read 5686 times)

foxygrandma

Restore
« on: January 24, 2016, 04:33:26 PM »
did not restore again‎16/‎01/‎24 although I uninstall antivirus and antimalware, reboot, and have not restored even though I tried restore from 3 days back to 6 days back.  And it takes about an hour.  It says restoring files but does not do it.  Any ideas what I can do to correct this?  Thank you.  Anna Ruth

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Restore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 05:40:18 AM »
You can contact the PC Manufacturer for system restore set if you dont have one. If covered by warranty it will be free, but if outside the warranty period then  its like $30 or $40 depending on manufacturer etc. Some send you a DVD others send you a USB Bootable Flash drive.

It sounds like your drive is corrupted including your restore partition/media on the drive

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 06:20:13 AM »
We need to be sure which type of restore you are talking about here...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

foxygrandma

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 10:28:37 AM »
did not restore again‎16/‎01/‎24 although I uninstall antivirus and antimalware, reboot, and have not restored even though I tried restore from 3 days back to 6 days back.  And it takes about an hour.  It says restoring files but does not do it.  Any ideas what I can do to correct this?  Thank you.  Anna Ruth

All right.  Thank you very much.

foxygrandma

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 10:32:02 AM »
You can contact the PC Manufacturer for system restore set if you dont have one. If covered by warranty it will be free, but if outside the warranty period then  its like $30 or $40 depending on manufacturer etc. Some send you a DVD others send you a USB Bootable Flash drive.

It sounds like your drive is corrupted including your restore partition/media on the drive

Do not know what is meant by what type of restore.   I go to Recovery, then System Restore and select a date to restore to

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 08:23:08 PM »
Stop responding in quotes...it makes your replies hard to find...

bailey

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 09:55:50 PM »
    Probably, he is referring to system restore.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 06:21:49 AM »
    It's not safe to assume...

For example if it is a factory restore and they do it without being advised properly all data and apps are wiped out and the PC returns to Day 1 status.

Not something i would take lightly...