Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dual screens, mouse has black square around it in one of the screens  (Read 3942 times)

landa321

Topic Starter

Beginner

Hi, I am running Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5741 laptop. I have dual monitors running. One of them is going through the VGA output of my laptop and the other is going through a USB to VGA adapter. Neither of my monitors are HDMI ready, unfortunately.

This has worked for a couple of years but in the USB to VGA monitor, there is now a black square around my cursor that is really annoying. I am guessing it must be some setting that I accidentally changed or that my cat changed by running across my keyboard.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Dual screens, mouse has black square around it in one of the screens
    « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 11:39:46 AM »
    See http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/516137-how-change-mouse-settings-windows-7-a.html and try restoring your mouse pointer back to what you want.

landa321

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »
      I did that but the changes only apply to the mouse in my VGA monitor and not to the monitor in my USB to VGA monitor.

landa321

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 12:11:00 PM »
        So, I guess i just fixed it. I removed the cable and resinstalled it and now it's fine. I had tried that twice before and it did not work but it worked now. Sorry! Hope this is a simple fix to anyone else.