Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Automatic Shutdown Issue after Win 10  (Read 4701 times)

irfan32

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Automatic Shutdown Issue after Win 10
    « on: February 19, 2016, 09:39:35 PM »
    I have HP TouchSmart 7320 all in one PC which originally came with Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit.

After upgrade to Win 10 my system automatically shuts without giving any reason. It just says shutting down and it goes off. Occasionally it restarts by itself as well.

All latest windows updates have been installed and device manager shows that all devices are working fine. I tried going back to Win 7 and system worked fine. But after Win 10 update the problem re-occurs.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Automatic Shutdown Issue after Win 10
    « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 11:34:56 PM »
    tried going back to Win 7 and system worked fine
    May I suggest you continue using Windows 7 for awhile.
    Also, you may wish to download the full ISO of Windows 10 and install it as a new installation, not as an update. It may be that Windows 10 and not properly register some of your programs you have on Windows 7.

Yes, you can shrink a partition and then install Windows 10 as a dual boot  thing with both Windows 7 and Windows 10 each on their own partition.. That I what I do. Windows 10 will make the dual boot thing automatically.
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows    **

After you get WIndo0ws 10 running right, install your favorite programs. :)

** Important link, bookmark it for reference.