Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: web design for beginners  (Read 4421 times)

suurshater

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    web design for beginners
    « on: February 23, 2016, 07:24:22 AM »
    I'm having a difficulty in creating a web site.am a beginner but I wish to create a website & I don't know how.pls can anybody help me out.Are there any books mearnt for me to read.Thanks for your help in advance

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: web design for beginners
    « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:22:28 PM »
    Books galore are available, so many that I  do not want to give a strong recommendation to any one of them.  Do a search on Amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com and you'll find many.  I just did a search on Amazon.com, using the phrase how to develop a website.  You might try How to Build a Website and Publish Your First Page in Less Than 5 Minutes: A Step-by-Step Guide to Help You Get Started Right Away.   Note: the "Less Than 5 Minutes" is an exaggeration, of course. 

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »
    I'm having a difficulty in creating a web site.
    What is your main objective?
    Do you have any prior experience that can help?
    Is you problem technical or social?
    Technical trouble is  if you can not use she tools.
    Social problem is when people do not like your site.

The technical thing can be resolve by used easy tools.
    But if people just do not like your content, that is a harder to fix.
     :)
    Search the web for:
    build a website in one hour
    OR
    find good social content

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 11:11:11 AM »
    So many ways to create a website. So many different ways to host it etc.

Are you going to go with a free webserver with advertising and their domain name or are you going to have your own domain name registered and pay to have it hosted or host it yourself with an apache server in your home and a domain redirect from say godaddy.com to your apache web server?

Are you going to have a static website or interactive features?

Have you ever programmed or deal with HTML before?

Are you going to sell something in which you need e-commerce point of sale functionality?

Are you going to have your own e-mail server associated with your domain such as if its 99RedBalloons as domain name your e-mail might be [email protected]

Do you want to use a WYSIWYG or code everything manually when programming your web pages? ( WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet = WYSIWYG ... These are for people who have no clue on how to code in HTML and just want basic static web pages. ) *Microsoft office for example has the ability to save documents in HTML format to be as if they are a web page. I seen people use powerpoint for example to make web pages as well as word, and publisher where you can drag a picture to where you want it and add text boxes and type in information and then save it in HTML format so that it can be uploaded to a web server location with a FTP tool and be online for others to check out. These pages though lack features like forms where information can be entered and passed to a database.

Do you need a database linked to this for member registration or point of sale or information lookup and or entry by visitors?

So many more questions... but this covers a lot of them.