Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: best software of retrieving files  (Read 3348 times)

jcs_616

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    best software of retrieving files
    « on: February 21, 2016, 02:45:10 AM »
    What is the best software to retrieve a files? is it easeus data recovery? or icare data recovery? or recuva?
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 03:03:51 AM by jcs_616 »

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: best software of retrieving files
    « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »
    Are these files deleted or on a ill hard drive or? More info needed on why the files are difficult to access?

Kalagyo

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 02:58:12 AM »
      No matter how good your software retrieving tools but the extent of the damage where you trying to retrieve it. Its hard to get full recovery.

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 05:20:39 AM »
      Not the most intuitive one out there but I've had fantastic luck with Photorec (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec) - I've been running it under Linux but it supposedly supports Windows too.  One of the nice, more advanced features is that it lets you manually add extra file types to its already extensive collection so if you have an unusual file type that you need to recover you can make photorec support it without too much hassle.  I was recently able to use it to recover over 20gb of old short films my friends and I used to make when we were 14/15 years old that I stupidly deleted from my old hard drive camcorder about 5 years ago because I had already backed them up to my PC then shortly after managed to accidentally delete them off my PC!