Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 short questions re start and password  (Read 5774 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

2 short questions re start and password
    « on: March 01, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »
    I have a Dell, Windows 10, i5-4460 CPU 320 Ghz, 8 gb, 64-bit operating system.  For some reason, after I start my computer and don't use the Start button for a while, it becomes inoperable.  I can right-click on it and get it to shut down, and when I restart it, it works fine.  Also, I have never had a computer that I had to type a password to use it and this one has it.  Is there any way to bypass that and just turn the computer on and start using it?  I have looked at settings and everything I can figure out (not computer savvy) and am scared to change anything since I'm not sure about it.  I know these are small things, but they are bugging me, especially the Start thing.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: 2 short questions re start and password
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:52:29 AM »
    Read this:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/disable-remove-password
    How to remove password from login.
    If you don't want to enter your password every time you sign in, you can create other sign-in options to use with your account, like a picture password or a PIN. If your PC has a fingerprint scanner, you can also sign in with a fingerprint. (Whichever sign-in option you choose, you still need a "regular" password in place to use a Microsoft account.)

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 05:26:13 PM »
    Not sure what would cause your Start button to stop working but as Geek-9pm pointed out, you can switch your Win 10 computer to login with a local account instead of a MS account.  If you use a local account you then have the option of having no password.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 05:34:22 PM »
    If you didn;t set a password that wouldn't occur...is this a used PC ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 01:14:55 PM »
      Sorry, Patio, I didn't answer your last question.  No, I bought this computer brand new.  However, I did not know what strollin said, that I should login with a local account instead of a MS account.  I know MS has been everywhere every single time I want to do something and it drives me nuts!

grounded

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 04:35:51 AM »
        This subject interests me because my Computer will not recognize the password sometimes , I struggle,  turning machine on and off until eventually I get access. I will give it a few days before  taking the hammer to it.

grounded

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 11:03:33 PM »
          I failed to log in again , took cp to shop,  they could find nothing wrong, back home , wouldn't work, cp suggests visit accounts live.com. can't do that, not open, back to shop, they decided it must be a faulty key board,  New board, still not working, but eventually succeeded, I am now going to accounts live.com, I changed some details, Forget what, but it does not matter because the problem has disappeared, its all to do with your mail  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)server.