Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fdisk Doubled my hard drive  (Read 3957 times)

Faheem Khan

Fdisk Doubled my hard drive
« on: July 28, 2004, 03:59:54 PM »
HELLO
     I WAS PARTITIONING MY HARD DRIVE BY RUNNING FDISK COMMAND. IT DOUBLED MY HARD DRIVE. I DONT KNOW BUT ANY WAY IT DID THAT. I TRIED TO DO THAT AGAIN BUT FAILED. MY HARD DRIVE CAME TO ORIGNAL POSIOTION. CAN U TELL ME. I WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN AND DOUBLE MY HARD DRIVE.
BYE BYE

MalikTous

Re: Fdisk Doubled my hard drive
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 02:27:36 PM »
Please fix your caps lock and try again. Describe what you mean by 'doubling' your hard drive. Did it try to set up a phantom second partition the same size as the primary partition that is the physical size of your drive? Or did it just set up your 20GB drive as an 8 GB and a weird second partition?

j_t_r

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 10:47:27 AM »
Hi! did you change jumpers or use different Operating system than it was before, normaly when you didn't configured hard drive properly, or BIOS Configuration or use different OS could also means change of hard drive space or just sometimes motherbord can't handle the hard drive size and the only solution to that is to set drive space to a low size.

PS. TELL US WAT DID YOU DO DIFFERENT THAN BEFORE, IT COULD BE SEVERAL REASONS

johnwill

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 02:30:49 PM »
While you may have seen a phantom drive of the same capacity as your physical drive, FDISK is incapable of generating usable storage in excess of the physical capacity you have.  ::)