Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nteflix, Windows XP and me.  (Read 4747 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Nteflix, Windows XP and me.
« on: May 01, 2016, 05:03:25 PM »
This is a recent problem I have encountered with Netflix, Firefox and Windows XP.
The key part of the problem is that Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and other companies have followed suit. From my personal experience it appears that Netflix is no longer completely compatible with Windows XP in certain specific situations.
I have also tried using Google Chrome and have also tried to reinstall Microsoft Silverlight. Both are no longer compatible with Windows XP. So I had to use the current version of Firefox. End of problem? No, not really.

It seems  the new version of Firefox has an unrelated mystery problem with Windows XP. I can print from Firefox.  I will not even try to explain it.
 So I opt to use an older version of Firefox. Something odd comes up.

To illustrate the problem, here is a screenshot, (I have produced in size and cropped),  it shows the message that I get from Netflix and special circumstances. In my case, I had been watching movies on Netflix, and decided to try a different movie. I found a new movie about the childhood of Walt Disney, the creator of Mickey Mouse.

The thing here is that I do not see this error message on other movies. So far I have not tried a large number of movies and this one seems to be the only one that Netflix will flag as having an error. Notice that Netflix does not blame the movie as being the cause of the air. Rather it blames my Internet connection is being the source of the trouble.

OK. What is the point? Nothing. Ignore this unless you find somebody else that has the same issue. I have learned to live with the fact that older software may introduce stranger behavior.   8)

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Nteflix, Windows XP and me.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 05:51:04 PM »
Has nothing to do with either Netflix...or XP.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Nteflix, Windows XP and me.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 06:43:36 PM »
Has nothing to do with either Netflix...or XP.
Then what was it? A passing asteroid?