Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Open with promt  (Read 5211 times)

Angel Thompson

Open with promt
« on: July 19, 2004, 08:47:24 PM »
Hello, not sure if I puttin this is the right board, but for anyone that can answer this question for me, would be great.  one day i was DL some tubes from a specific list i was on, and when i DL one tube.. i got the "open with" promt. i thought it was weird, but i looked at my options and chose the ONLY reasonable option which was "paint". ok.. after clicking ok.. it change ALL the LIKE files to "paint". Now i cannot open ANY of those files with anything b/c they are unsupported. I CANNOT change my "open with" option. i have tried a dozen times. i checked all the olther files i have DL and in properties it says "opens with: unknown application"
how can i get the messed up files BACK to the unknown application. until this is fixed... ALL tubes i DL are going to the "opens with" i've tried everything i can think of and i have not found a way to fix it. can someone shed some light? anyone thanks

merlin_2

Re: Open with promt
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 03:27:40 PM »
scan for bugs...what operating system are you refering to .....more info leads to more help....

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 04:33:05 PM »
I believe he has used the 'Open with command' on a .DLL file and has told Windows to always open these files with Paint.

MalikTous

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 10:21:23 AM »
If you can open Windows Explorer, go into the Tools, Folder Options, and File Extensions and edit the bad entry.

TweakUI also has a 'repair file associations' function if you can get the version for your OS and install it.