Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HTML splash page question  (Read 4595 times)

PhalarisVoid

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
    HTML splash page question
    « on: May 16, 2016, 10:09:24 PM »
    How would I go about writing an HTML splash page that looks like the image I made in the attachment.
    I want the page to be html only.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

Luigi master

Rookie

• I'm a pretty good coder, but not the best.
      • Luigi master
    Re: HTML splash page question
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 12:58:09 PM »
    Not really possible, you need php for a login.
    I have a website so yeah
    vvvvvvresource.byethost6.com

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: HTML splash page question
    « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 01:06:10 PM »
    I agree with Luigi for this to be a functional vs static non functional page. Additionally you can get really creative with tables and place form cells within them for user and password entry. If you want a password entry and something else to happen without php and not secure at all you could go with javascript for fields that accept input and test the input and then string compare and do something else when a match to user and password. But the javascript is wide open, anyone looking at the HTML source for the page would be able to look at the javascript and say ok so thats the user and password as well as  not even bother with that and just look for what happens when successful which is probably a redirection to another page from that of the initial page. They could copy that redirection path and paste it to browser and get there without user name and password authentication "simulation".

Additionally your showing full screen mode here in pic, and if you want full screen mode, your likely looking at not doing this in HTML as for the browser pane will be showing. If the browser window and tabs etc is not a problem then no problem. But if you want it to assume full screen, then your looking for something written in C++ or another programming language that gives this ability or running a kiosk type of tool on the system to hide the browser and only show the webpage interface possibly written in C# etc.

Years ago in college I made a similar logon and took an image of what i wanted and saved that as a GIF. Then I placed my form cells aligned to the user and password location since GIF is transparent. I then could have whatever looking interface I could make up with photoshop or another tool to make the image of the interface I wanted and then just overlay the form controls overtop of the GIF image. BUT in order to actually authenticate the form data needed to be passed to a secure server. I also used javascript within my page to test the data to be passed to make sure that it didnt exceed so many characters or null data passed. If data to be passed by the form fields was within what was allowed then it would pass it to the server. PHP though is the way to go for this!