Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound card problem?  (Read 4562 times)

Denon

Sound card problem?
« on: July 28, 2004, 11:17:09 PM »
Alright i have had my computer for awhile now and recently my mic stopped working, no one could hear me, then the next day my speakers/headphones stopped working.. would buying a new sound card fix my problem? if not what might be the reason for this?

Denon

Re: Sound card problem?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 12:06:39 AM »
Sorry didnt give anyone time to post but just reinstalled my SB live stuff on comp, ran my diagnostics and found out its hardware problem, says my audio card may be faulty so it is the sound card, ty if u might have posted tho.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 12:57:32 AM »
    Denon......Glad to hear you found the problem.....

Good luck
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Denon

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 09:01:51 AM »
    thanks, i have an SB live.. but when i try and install drivers to update it says it cannot find any SB audio card in my system.. now im really confused

MalikTous

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 02:39:58 PM »
    Either run the Liveware CD on auto insert, or use it as the optional driver disk when you update the driver for the 'PCI Audio Device' in 'Other Devices' in the Device Manager.

Or you can download the SB Live drivers from Gateway, which include better drivers for SB Live on XP machines. Unpack these and update the driver until you find one that works well for you.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 05:26:47 PM »
    Are you attempting to install the drivers for the faulty videocard?

Perhaps uninstalling the videocard and reinstalling them in a different or the same port will allow the computer to detect it.

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 06:18:47 PM »
    are we refering to msn chat...or yahoo or what...and the question is what operating sytem are you having problems with...........> :-Xouch ...sorry did that hurt