Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Using Java on a Surface Pro 4  (Read 7278 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Using Java on a Surface Pro 4
« on: July 10, 2016, 10:32:15 AM »
I don't know if this is a hardware, software, or OS issue, so I'm starting in the OS forum...

I just bought a Surface Pro 4, running Win 10.

I've tried to launch two sites that launch Java windows when you run 'em. When I do that, the text in the Java window is too tiny to read. Like, not too tiny because I'm an old man, but literally three point type.

Nothing I can do seems to make it bigger. Ctrl-+ makes text in normal internet windows bigger, but not in the Java window. Going into Display properties makes everything else bigger, but not the Java window.

This is happening in Firefox and IE, not Chrome and Edge (neither of which support Java).

When I went into Java control panel ("Configure Java"), there was an option to run in 640 x 480. When I clicked that and rebooted, nothing was different in FF, but in IE, it made EVERY window go to about 400 percent size... And then resolved to normal when I closed the Java window.

I don't know that I'm providing an accurate description of this issue, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

rjb
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.