Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FastStone Capture Scrolling  (Read 6633 times)

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    FastStone Capture Scrolling
    « on: July 12, 2016, 02:37:24 PM »
    Have managed, with your kind help, to scroll and print an article from a newspaper, but cannot finish the job when trying to scroll a tip from an online tutorial.
    It's not because of copyright, am sure of that.

It's just a problem of navigation.The selected text for scrolling does not occupy the whole of the monitor, and if I delete the unwanted part of the page, I find that the Fast Stone Capture tool will not open. Hence, I am unable to access the down-arrow in the FastStone System Tray to start the scrolling procedure.

Another problem:  how to shift the text from one side to the other on the monitor when the text is truncated on the left or the right side? I used to get two small arrows in either corner of the page to
    do this, but they have vanished altogether.

Can you kindly help, please?  I am very thankful.

Guzeppi
    GUZEPPI

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: FastStone Capture Scrolling
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 03:09:04 PM »
    That a re a number of articles already published on this subject.
    Google:
    Automatic screen capture of scrolling text.
    Or use this:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Automatic+screen+capture+of+scrolling+text

Try to first 20 or so items. You should find one that works for you.

EDIT: This shows h ow to use the Windows Snipping Tool.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/207754/how-to-use-the-snipping-tool-in-windows-to-take-screenshots/
    Does that help?     :)
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:21:43 PM by Geek-9pm »

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 11:47:41 AM »
      Renewed thanks for your patience and help.

When I scroll the part of the text that I want to print, what's the next step?  I ask this because although I hit the ESC button where I want to stop the scrolling, I find that the WHOLE text pops up in the scrolled
      window.

If I go to file > print, the WHOLE text will be printed not only the part I chose.

JoeJ
      GUZEPPI

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 08:11:39 PM »
      Guzeppi, how do you print  pages?
      In Windows 10 yhopu can select a page to be printed. Can you not do thatt?
      To print just a few paragraphs of a web page, use the mouse to select the portion you're after. Choose Print from Internet Explorer's Tools menu to open the Print dialog box. Then, in the Page Range box, choose the Selection option. Print dialog box.
      This can also be done from a document on yuour computer.
      To Print to PDF in Windows 10, simply open up your document in a text editor like Microsoft Word and click File > Print. (You can do this from any program that lets you print -- not just Word, and not just with a text document.) Under Printer or Destination, choose Print as a PDF
      Windows 10 has some new features for printing.  Here is a genral coverage of some new things.

10 Overlooked New Features in Windows 10

I can understand yuhour irritation. I am still tryhing to lern stuff in Windows 10. Somewhere it says yhou can print just a selection of a documet. In my case I do the lat resort method. I get my document into a PDF fikle and then using a free PDF reader I can print anything that shows on the scren as large as I want it. Thatr method works in all versions of Windows baecaue it is a feature of the PDFD reader. I have yet to undertstand how to do taht in WIndows 10.

So, the only thing I know for your is that you can print the whole thi9ng to a PDF file and then in a good PDF vieweer lyou can position the text on the screen and then print the current view or current page.

That is the best I can do for now. I am stgill learning Windows 10.

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 11:47:36 AM »
        But why is it that if I choose FIT TO WIDTH (when I want to print the scrolled document) I sometimes get the text and pictures in adequate normal size for easy reading, and at other times in huge lettering?

Renewed thanks to all of you for helping me.

Guzeppi
        GUZEPPI