Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Epson error e-01  (Read 10129 times)

sebastjan.k96

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Epson error e-01
    « on: July 21, 2016, 08:43:28 AM »
    Hello,
    I have Epson XP-302. This problem started about a week ago. After printing some text file I turned off the printer like I always do. About an hour later I turned it back on to print something else and this problem bugs me since then.
    Every time I turn it on, the print head starts moving. First as it's warming up like it should be and then like it's printing something(but it's actually not, just moving the print head). There is no paper pulled in the printer and no ink used. Print head moves some times, then stops and displays this message: error e-01. From there on I can't do nothing else then turn off the printer. I already tried hard reset and I cleaned the printer. I also tried to do anything really before printhead starts moving but had no success. Nothing works. What can I do to get rid of this error?

Printer is no longer under warranty. There are no filles waiting to be printed and no paper jam.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Epson error e-01
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 09:28:26 AM »
    I have had some pson printers in the past, but never heard of that problem. Doing Google search I found that e-01 paper jam was reported but other people. Somebody even did a You Tube video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKBlv7rFmYY

Or your Epson might have some other issue. Here is a reference:
    http://www.manualslib.com/manual/415476/Epson-Xp-300.html?page=21
    On the above web site  you can select which page of the manual you might  want to see. Try looking at other pages also, like page 23.
    Paper Feeding Problems
    ■ If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Flip through the stack to
    separate the sheets a little. Then reload the paper against the right side, and slide the left edge guide against the paper (but not too tightly).
    ■ Do not load too many sheets at once. See your online User's Guide for more
    information.
    ■ Do not load paper with holes punched in it
    Have you done that?   :)   

sebastjan.k96

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 10:23:31 AM »
      I already found some videos about e-01 including this one you sent but nothing worked. Also I just leaf through the manual, nothing solved my problem.

I tried removing cartidges and turned the printer on. The result is the same. Tried no paper its the same. I tried this because I hoped for diffrent error at least. but no success. I also put the paper half way through printer (as it would stay inside) and turned on the printer, but it just rolles the paper out normally and again same problem.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 10:30:08 AM »
      I would uninstall the Epson software in Add/Remove programs...

Then power down and re-boot...re-install the Epson software and drivers...

Note: If it's a USB printer do not connect it til the Epson software install asks for it.

Good Luck.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Frankiemen

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »
        During power up my XP 310 would display e 01 printer error. I came upon a solution/workaround quite by accident. After many attempts to troubleshoot the issue I was ready to power off but was distracted by a phone call. After 5 or so minutes I finished the call and powered down. I immediately powered back up and the error did NOT appear and the price yet worked fine. Apparently the printer needs to "warm up" with the error message displaying. Then you need to wait 5 or so minutes before powering it down and immediately powering up again. So now when I need to print I first power up then the e 01 message appears.  I wait 5 minutes, then power down and immediately power up. Now printer works every time. Hope this works for you.