Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Backup and Restore shows blank page  (Read 3318 times)

WorldsEnd

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Windows Backup and Restore shows blank page
    « on: August 03, 2016, 11:17:06 PM »
    Hey guys,

recently I tried to update my backups, yet as the title states, it's a blank page.

I'm almost pulling my hair out over this, as I've went into local services and changed the Windows Backup service to "automatic" (it was disabled), and when I attempted to start the service after applying the automatic setting, I got a 1053 error. I went to Microsoft's website for the fix, which was installing .NET framework 1.1 and applying a Service Pack 1 patch. I just restarted the machine, went back into local services and still get the 1053 error.

My current set-up is thus: an ASUS G74SX BBK-7 laptop computer with Windows Home Premium 64 bit installed. The only major software change I can think of installing is the Samsung Magician wizard, which I needed to manage my new SSD.

Thank you in advance.

WorldsEnd

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Windows Backup and Restore shows blank page
      « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 05:23:06 AM »
      I was able to fix the issue by myself. Posting a reply in the event other users may have the same issue.

I opened the Command Prompt under an administrative account, input sfc /scannow and then regsvr32 sdrsvc . I allowed the disk checker (sfc /scannow) to run and repair any corrupted files, then completed the subsequent registration (regsvr32 sdrsvc) successfully.

Finally, I re-opened services, set Windows Backup service to Automatic setting, clicked apply, OK, then I began (started) the service. It worked.

Thanks anyhow.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Windows Backup and Restore shows blank page
      « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 07:52:26 AM »
      Thanks for informing us of your solution.