Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help cloning sata hard drives  (Read 2547 times)

xfiles63

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    Need help cloning sata hard drives
    « on: August 04, 2016, 08:10:54 PM »
    Hi group last night while trying to upgrade the Mrs Dell Inspiron while changing the heat sink I accidently pull the processor out of the socket.I cant get the machine to boot up again so I would like to clone the information from her drive onto another drive in another machine.Can somebody help me out Im new to doing this so I would great greatly appreciate the help thank you. ???

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Need help cloning sata hard drives
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 09:51:31 PM »
    Yes...moving it to a working PC is a great idea...
    For cloning my favorite new app is Easus ToDo.
     You will need enuff free space on that PC's HDD to accomodate the image file created...however best way would be an external HDD with plenty of space.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Need help cloning sata hard drives
    « Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 01:30:20 PM »
    I accidently pull the processor out of the socket.I cant get the machine to boot up again so I would like to clone the information from her drive onto another drive in another machine.

My suggestion would be to install the drive into a different computer and then perform a REPAIR INSTALLATION ( This requires a repair disc or original installation media for the operating system version that the system was running.) Cloning the drive your still going to have a system that will likely have issues due to hardware differences between the other computer and the original. I am assuming you will want the drive to run as it was.

If your interested in the data on the drive then just place the drive into an external enclosure case or add it to a desktop as a 2nd hard drive and access the data that way.