Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lenovo laptop  (Read 2229 times)

earlook

Topic Starter

Rookie

lenovo laptop
    « on: August 14, 2016, 10:27:53 AM »
    have lenovo b40-30 with intel n2840 duel core and 4gb ram,the cpu is nearly always running at 100% is there a better cpu to put in or get a better laptop?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: lenovo laptop
    « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 10:44:06 AM »
    1) Which process is using the cycles?

2) I suggest you run full system scans with both your installed av and with MalwareBytes

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: lenovo laptop
    « Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 01:59:27 PM »
    Allans questions when answered should pinpoint what is causing the use of the CPU.

Additionally this is a weak CPU and as far as laptops go its best not to upgrade them to a faster CPU as for the better CPU if you did have one available to upgrade to, would create additional heat that the laptop was not designed to deal with removal of.

I have upgraded laptop CPUs in the past and then dealt with a laptop thats running too hot. One laptop had an ability in the BIOS to go green setting and underclock it by 100Mhz which helped some for a Celeron to a Pentium 3 upgrade I did a while back to drop from 600Mhz to 500Mhz. It was originally a feature to extend battery life, but i used it on that Dell C600 to reduce heat from the Pentium 3 since the heatsink was never intended for the Pentium 3 and fan with heatsink even with new thermal compound was barely able to keep up.

You might be looking into getting a new laptop... A new low cost laptop would benchmark 2 to 3x better than this one as well as the GPU would be upgraded too so you would get better video performance.