Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Suddenly cannot access Yahoo mail w/Firefox, only with IE  (Read 4969 times)

sv7

Topic Starter

Rookie

Suddenly cannot access Yahoo mail w/Firefox, only with IE
    « on: August 30, 2016, 12:56:46 AM »
    I use FF 48.0.1 (that's what it says in "about"), with Win7Pro.  Just lately when I try to access my att dot net email in FF, I get the following message:  "We're sorry.  We cannot process your request at this time.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  For more information, please contact us."  The "contact us" is a link to a page for att services and asks for phone # or zip code.    Note, I can log in just fine to my account from IE.  I tried copying and pasting the link from IE into a FF tab, but get the same results.  The email account is not a straight "yahoo (dot) com" address, but rather through my ISP and is an "sbcglobal (dot) net" address. 

Any ideas on how to fix this with FF?  It's annoying to have to use two browsers and I much prefer my FF.
    Thanks in advance.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Suddenly cannot access Yahoo mail w/Firefox, only with IE
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:15:55 AM »
    Do you have another computer that you can use that has firefox to see if it works there.... you need to know if its your system or if its issue with your ISP supporting firefox and so if you got the same result from another computer then its likely the ISP is using legacy or non standard scripting etc. Or there is a bug with firefox and ISP which is less likely to be firefox's fault.

sv7

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 11:15:56 PM »
      DaveLembke:  I'll try that, thanks.  Just to be clear, I can use another computer to test, as long as I'm connecting through the same gateway/network (?) that the problem computer is using, right?

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 01:18:34 AM »
      yes I would do that first... then bring it to another network connection other than your own if you have the ability to do so too if the problem remains with alternate system to test with

sv7

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 08:59:47 PM »
        Step 2:  laptop used with same connection had identical problem.  I can access the sbc global mail through IE but not FF.  I'll try a friend's ISP (not ATT-related) and see what happens there.  Thanks for the feedback.
        Regards,
        sv7

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 05:54:41 AM »
        The browser settings for FireFox are listed at the sbc yahoo page...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

sv7

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 03:50:17 AM »
          Step 3:  Logged on to friend's wireless network with my laptop; first day accessed email no problem; third day I got the same message as at home.   Came back home, today it works just fine in FF.  {SMH}  I don't know if this was a temporary glitch or what.  I've been notified of a FF update for the home computer, so I guess I'll update it and see if I still have the same problem.

Patio--I'm not sure what page you mean--would you send me a link please?

Thanks everyone for your patience with me and this problem.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 06:08:00 AM »
          Top right of the main Mail page....down arrow/Help/Account settings
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

sv7

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 01:05:12 AM »
            Well, I haven't tweaked anything, but it seems to have resolved itself.  Go figure.  Thanks again for your help.

sv7