Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nvidia GTX 950 Ports  (Read 2397 times)

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    Nvidia GTX 950 Ports
    « on: September 09, 2016, 08:36:48 AM »
    I have one of these cards, that I put into my new gaming unit, I don't have the box to tell my what the display port is and can't find the details about it other then vendors.

Nvidia GTX 950

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Nvidia GTX 950 Ports
    « Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 10:00:35 AM »
    If you dont get video out of one port then try the other. Some newer cards detect at boot if a display is connected as part of a plug-n-play feature so you will want the display connected prior to boot.

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »
      that isn't the issue, I want to know what the display port is far as spec's.  I all ready have hdmi and dvi in use on the card.

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 10:22:12 AM »
      What make/model card is it like PNY or EVGA or MSI or other brand and model number or Part Number ( P/N ) they issued to it which should be on sticker on the card. You then should be able to find the specs of it. Just the fact that its a GTX 950 Im thinking the brand might also affect these specs as for one brand might use better components such as better RAM than another with the same GPU. Additionally NVidia is known for coining video cards to be under a name of say GT 730 and using a number of different GPU cores under the same designation such as the GT 730 that I have comes in a couple different GPU's under the same GT 730 designation one for example is only 700Mhz while the other is 900 Mhz and one uses 64-bit while other 128-bit and some other differences too under the GT 730 designation and the benchmarks of the cards are all different although all officially GT 730's

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 10:27:51 AM »
      Dave - you're setting yourself up to have your wheel's spun by squall - just so you know.

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 10:51:55 AM »
        It's a PNY :/ I forgot that cause, it's a Nvidia Card

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          « Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 11:18:22 AM »
          I found out that it's a DisplayPort 1.2, after some extensive looking.  What for display adapter do I need?