Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Front USB ports and IEEE port  (Read 11247 times)

coachodeeps

Front USB ports and IEEE port
« on: March 25, 2004, 10:05:54 AM »
I have a computer that has two USB ports and an IEEE port in the front of the case. My case is an ANTEC case. The motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. When my brother's best friend built the computer for me, he mentioned that the front ports where not connected.

How can I connect them? Is the problem that the motherboard doesn't have the proper connections? Or do I need to get some cables that will connect them.

I have all the USB ports in the back full and would like to connect my new digital camera to the front for ease. There are 4 USB ports in the back.

Thanks,

coachodeeps

Doomsday_J

Re: Front USB ports and IEEE port
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 07:14:40 PM »
 You need to connect the USB wires to the motherboard.  If you look inside the case there should be wires leading from the ports.
Depending on where you got your computer from the mother board should have documentation. IN this documentation there should be a map of your board. On this map there should be a diagram showing you where to hook your USB port wires to the motherboard.
good luck.