Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to make program for windows XP  (Read 2224 times)

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    how to make program for windows XP
    « on: December 02, 2005, 04:59:55 AM »
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this is feasible with windows XP Pro. What i would like to do is write a program that can get windows OS to do things we want it to.

Frankly, i would like to be able to have a button that's programmed to set up file permission security for our staffs on XP Pro. For example, we have folders to be shared on the network. Each drives has folders and files that i want to give a certain access to a certain group of people.

So ideally, we have an icon on a desktop or something that i can click. Let's say an icon. Once the icon is double-clicked, a popup window appear prompting for password and/or username. If the password given is correct, windows will automatically set up the permission access to certain people behind the scene.

For example, management folder only access by admin group, computers folder by system admin and so on.

So it sets these all up without us seeing it happening.

Wonder if anyone would suggest me how to do this?

Thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you.

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
      Re: how to make program for windows XP
      « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 11:41:50 AM »
      This is a builtin feature of XP Pro anyway.

When you create the files/folders you set the permissions. You will have already created the groups you want to use within the company and then add that group to the file/folder permissions.

No need for username/passwords as XP already knows if they have been granted access.
      A computer is for life....not just gaming!!