Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Batch file to convert Raw action cam images to DNG  (Read 4319 times)

Michaeltwoblues

Topic Starter

Starter
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Batch file to convert Raw action cam images to DNG
« on: November 21, 2016, 06:37:13 PM »
' don't know if I've chosen the correct thread, but here goes: I've used on-line tutorials to learn how to create a batch.bat file but I don't know how to order commands to use a raw2dng and  exiftool files in the bat to convert the images to DNG to be worked in adobe or lightroom.
'point me in the correct direction?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Batch file to convert Raw action cam images to DNG
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:46:57 PM »
It does help if you tell something about what you need to do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExifTool
ExifTool is a free and open-source software program for reading, writing, and manipulating image, audio, and video metadata. It is platform independent, available as both a Perl library (Image::ExifTool) and command-line application. ExifTool is commonly incorporated into different types of digital workflows and supports many types of metadata...
The windows command interpreter does not , by itself, do file conversions for multi-media formats.
Many file format converters can run either from the windows scree or from a one-line command. But the commands are not part of Windows.

Here is a reference to an Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fimagena.raw2dng&hl=en
raw2dng converts all major raw photo file-formats into Adobe's DNG format. These files maintain full raw quality but can be directly imported into Adobe's Lightroom Mobile. This enables a fully mobile raw workflow directly from camera into Adobe's Lightroom Mobile for Android and syncing through Adobe's Creative Cloud to other devices (e.g., Lightroom desktop).
Start categorizing/editing your pictures on the go, then continue at home. All without losing any quality of your raw files!
- Supports all major raw photo formats(*) and latest DNG-version (v1.4)
- Also supports conversion to JPEG/TIFF including full metadata
Does that help any?

Michaeltwoblues

Topic Starter

Starter
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 09:06:45 AM »
Thanks for the reply . I am studying the tutorials in computer Hope describing commands for batch files and will just need study.
I have an action cam that will produce raw images that need to be converted so that they can be edited. A batch file with certain cmds can accomplish that .I just need to learn more programming. Gee, the more I think I know about computing-the more I see I need to learn! I think I need to change profile to "beginner!"

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »
Forum thread with batch file using command line tool called raw2dng (Caution the link to raw2dng on that page is flagged by my ISP as dangerous but you can get it from plenty of places)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/one-step-raw-to-dng-conversion.13432/